SOLVING A NATIONWIDE EPIDEMIC
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
Addiction is the compulsive use of habit-forming substances known to the user to be harmful. It is characterized by drug cravings, progressively increased tolerance and physical dependence.
RECOVERY FROM DRUG ADDICTION
We treat opioid addiction with several innovative and proven medications, a buprenorphine/naloxone product and Vivitrol (naltrexone). Depending on your progress in recovery, we will prescribe one or the others. While in the BRC program, patients engage with us in a variety of evidence-based psychological and social treatments, including counseling time with their providers. Some patients may need additional services from a mental health provider or intensive counseling programs, or sometimes even inpatient care. The BRC staff can help those patients find an appropriate counselor or counseling program in the community.
WHAT TO EXPECT
on your first visit?
Our relationship begins from the first time you walk in the door.
- Kind, Compassionate, Non-judgmental Atmosphere
- Filling Out Intake Paperwork
- History and Physical Exam
- UDS (Urine Drug Screen)
- Psychosocial Assessment
- Same Day Prescription, Follow-up Appointment, and Mandatory Counseling Scheduling
Remember, you must be in withdrawal to begin the Medication Assisted Treatment Program with us.
To ensure this, please follow the guidelines below:
- Oxycontin®, oxycodone, morphine, Vicodin®, Percocet®, etc, must be discontinued 18 hours prior to entering the program
- Heroin and hydrocodone must be discontinued 12 hours prior to entering the program
- Methadone® must be discontinued 72 hours prior to entering the program
- If you are coming from another program, please continue to take the buprenorphine/naloxone product as prescribed until you see one of our physicians